Things you may need:
Your wood block stamp ~ ink pad, ink or paint ~ paper, ~ sponge or paint roller, ~ old
towel, cloth, ~ Cleaning items.
Directions for use:
(Note: If using ink pad, simply dip press on ink pad and then press to paper.)
- Find a nice flat, smooth area for your paper/item that you are going to print on. Sometimes the print will work better if you have a towel,newspaper or sponge under it to give a bit of bounce (you will have to experiment).
- Apply some ink (or paint) to your roller (or sponge). Be careful not to have too much ink/paint on your roller/sponge as you will clog the carved out areas of your wood block.
- Coat the wood block with an even layer of ink (or paint).
- Press the inked wood block onto the paper with your hands using even pressure.
- Carefully lift the wood block off the paper (or printed item) and admire your mark making from your beautiful wood block stamp print work.
- Repeat several times creating a patten on your paper.
- Now you have some beautiful handmade wrapping paper to wrap your gifts.